The Association of Prime Nanny Agencies (APNA) was founded, and is run, by Norma Lewis, an experienced Agency owner and Recruiter/ Trainer, who saw the need to both prove and raise Nanny Agency Standards in the UK.
Norma Lewis has over 16 years’ experience at a senior management level within both the Nanny Agency Industry and High Street Recruitment, where she was responsible for staff training & development, and implementation of work methods to aid in recruitment and growth of business relationships with Clients.
Norma has not only owned her own top London Nanny Agency (Norma Lewis Nannies) for the previous 9 years, but has also been a past Chairman of the Association of Nanny Agencies.
Norma resigned from the Association of Nanny Agencies in June 2015 when she felt that it was no longer viable to continue.
The dictionary definition of Prime is “of the best possible quality; excellent”.
Therefore, the Prime badge of accreditation is given to, and displayed by, those nanny agencies who can show the highest standards of work on behalf of both families and applicants.
In order to display our badge, our members have agreed to adhere to strict professional standards, and meet the following requirements:
- Register with the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office), and show that they follow rules to protect your confidential data.
- Be fully insured, with both professional indemnity and public liability insurance policies.
- Interview all Applicants either face to face, or through Skype.
- Carry out full ID checks, and right to work checks where appropriate, on the Applicants either themselves, or through a nominated and approved 3rd Party
- Take and verify references on each Applicant put forward to Interview with you.
- Ensure that applicants working with children or the vulnerable carry a current Enhanced DBS together with status update certificate. (This may be done upon point of job offer).
- Only advertise genuine and “live” vacancies, displaying salaries /salary ranges, and follow guidance rules for job postings
- Once the Agency has placed an applicant with you, and you have paid your Invoice to that introduction Agency, they can supply you with a generic contract of employment, together with induction checklists, disciplinary and grievance procedures, and a service occupancy agreement if appropriate, all as per ACAS guidelines. (Use of this contract is optional).
- Will advise you and your new nanny concerning further Training and / or Ofsted registration when needed.
- Will operate an equal opportunities / non-discrimination policy throughout all threads of their Agency Business.
- Will permanently display Fees and legally compliant Terms on their Agency website, or alternatively will make them available to you either PRIOR to accepting your Vacancy, or starting to work on your behalf. (You should show acceptance of these Terms either electronically, as part of an online Form, or within an email to the Agency, prior to them starting work on your behalf)
- Give you the right of complaint. For your ease of mind, in the unlikely event that you are dissatisfied, you have the right of complaint against the Prime Agency. (See Agency’s complaints procedures).