If you are a family looking for a Companion my Agency can help you!
Norma Lewis Nannies understands that keeping an eye on ageing, sometimes frail, parents or even a needy spouse is often extremely difficult. Whether you look after someone yourself at home, or oversee their welfare from further away, I can help you.
Do you need someone to help with the strain of wondering how you yourself can be in 2 or 3 places at once – how do you work, look after your own family and home, but also be around to make sure that your Mum and Dad aren’t alone, take their medicines, attend their Hospital appointments, and cook themselves a meal safely? Or even remember to eat it? And what about that terrible worry of not being there to ensure that they are safe at night, when you are scared that they might take a fall?
I can help find solutions to these problems -Perhaps they just need a Companion – a kind, sensitive person who can live with your parent, and keep a caring, responsible eye out for them, and be around at all those other times.
I can find you such a person….
How do I work?
The way that I work suits discerning Families who are short of time, and who appreciate the personalised service of a Consultant such as myself, and would naturally expect to pay for such a service.
- I place ads on your behalf. (These ads are at my expense not yours)
- I save your time – I source, filter, select and interview applicants face to face, for you. I filter through many requests for potential application to my Agency – all my Companions have to have an absolute minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in the UK, as well as fulfilling other Criteria.
- All Companions from my Agency work legally – hold ID documents, proof of current address, verified UK references, and valid work permits where appropriate.
- There is currently no provision for a private individual to gain direct access to criminal record information in respect of a person that they might employ. As your Agency, I can apply for the Companion’s DBS on your behalf, if required to do so.
- If you would like to be reassured that the Companion could cope in a medical emergency, as an accredited Qualsafe centre, I run accredited first aid training courses.
- I can provide you with suggestions for the type of questions that you may like to ask during the interview, and give guidance on appropriate salary levels.
- As the owner of “Prime”, when you employ a permanent Applicant from my Agency, I can provide you with a sample generic contract, plus disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- I can provide you with the names and details for domestic payroll companies, who can deal with your new payroll and tax liabilities.
- I give you a guarantee! I provide a guarantee period of 8 weeks, and during that time, in the unlikely event that a placement is not successful, I will offer you a free replacement. (Subject to Terms, see Clauses 7.1-7.4)
- Your confidential information is safe – safe sites, secure electronic data, shredded information – all part of the security you have when using my Domestic Staff Agency, as I am registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office. I therefore comply with legislation covering Data Protection, and both the storage and disposal of confidential information (in both electronic and paper format) on Applicants and Client Families.
While my charges are in many cases already more reasonable than those of other Agencies, additionally I can offer you a 10% discount on the fees in return for a sole agency agreement.
Clients who return to my Agency to use my Service, and whom again sign up for the Sole Agency agreement, will be given a 15% discount on permanent placement Fees.*
(* Please read Discount Form for full information)
9.30 am – 7pm Monday to Thursday
9.30 am – 6pm Friday
At other times, my Answer phone is always on, and if you have an emergency, I would always do my best to help you if I can.
If you are interested in my bespoke, personalised service, then click here to register for a Companion