12 hour Ofsted Compliant Paediatric 1st Aid : £95pp
These 12 hour, fully compliant, accredited, Ofsted courses are run by an experienced and qualified trainer, and are open to Parents, Grandparents, Nannies, Au Pairs and Babysitters.
About our Trainer: Michael is an experienced and qualified Trainer, holding a Cert Ed, meaning that he is actually trained to train. He also holds Diplomas in education management and curriculum development. He delivers a NACTO accredited Course.(National Association of Care Training Organisations). His work background includes many years of Training, as well as nursing, and over 13 years in the London Ambulance service.
- Courses are held in Finchley, NW London, unless you prefer to hold one in your own home.
- Classes are small, friendly, fun and interactive. (Maximum 8-10 per class).
- The Courses are open to all, and attendance is not dependent upon Agency registration.
- All 1st Aid course certificates are valid for 3 years, although optional refresher courses can be taken in between.
- The courses offer blended learning, and are divided into 2 sessions; one home based workbook section to be completed at your leisure, and one 6+ hour day practical session, with plenty of time for questions.
- Workbooks, Manuals and Certificates are included in the cost.
- Photo ID will be needed by attendees of any Course.
FYI: Please beware…..does a Course seem very cheap?
– Please check any course you find saying “OFSTED compliant”…. some of these Courses may not cover the full required syllabus as specified by Ofsted.
NB. 3-4 hours is simply not enough time for you to cover and to be able to learn everything that Ofsted state you must know, as well as having hands on practice.
– Always ask how many people are booked on the course – I have even heard of cases where there were 17 people crammed in one 1 course, and people were sitting on the stairs outside the room.
– Make sure there are no additional charges for epi-pen training….. this is part of the Ofsted specified syllabus!
– Ask if the Course is accredited?
– And what about The Trainer? Are they accredited?
Required Contents Of An Ofsted Compliant Paediatric First Aid Course
The training must include a sufficient level of practical training
Resuscitation and other equipment should include baby, and junior models as appropriate
Training should cover appropriate contents of first aid kit
Training should include recording accidents and incidents
The course should include learning outcomes covering the following areas:
a. Planning for first aid emergencies
b. Dealing with emergencies
d Recognising and dealing with shock
e. Recognising and responding appropriately to anaphylactic shock
f. Recognising and responding appropriately to electric shock
g. Recognising and responding appropriately to bleeding
h. Responding appropriately to burns and scalds
i. Responding appropriately to choking
j. Responding appropriately to suspected fractures
k. Responding appropriately to head, neck and back injuries
l. Recognising and responding appropriately to cases of poisoning
m. Responding appropriately to foreign bodies in eyes, ears and noses
n. Responding appropriately to eye injuries
o. Responding appropriately to bites and stings
p. Responding appropriately with effects of extreme heat and cold
q. Responding appropriately to febrile convulsions
r. Recognising and responding appropriately to the emergency needs with chronic medical conditions including: – epilepsy, asthma, sickle cell, diabetes
s. Recognising and responding appropriately to meningitis and other serious sudden illness
TESTIMONIALS: Please see 1st aid testimonials page http://www.normalewisnannies.co.uk/1st-aid-testimonials/
Please Contact us or email email@example.com if you have any queries, or go to if you would like to book a place on the Course.